Thursday, March 30, 2017

Another go at it

Last week, I had created such a cute post to catch up. As I tried to publish, the app I was using said I needed to sign in. Poof! All that work disappeared. Usually I never have a problem and it was so disheartening that I put it away. But that was true for most of the last two weeks. It has been gray, rainy with just a hint of sun every once in awhile. 
But today, the sun is out, the birds are singing and happy and there is great hope that this will post.
So... what have I done in the last month?
 Finished this now but have been waiting for a nicer day to photograph.
 I have decided to hand quilt this one, though I may change my mind as I want it done! I bought the rag quilt die for my acuquilt machine and had to try it out. This is not very big but it is my go to chair quilt at the moment.   
The triangle quilt was pieced last year and now finished. 
The striped quilt was done with I spy fabric and is crib sized sorta... lol
We have saved a few corks here over the years and I thought this would be idea for the front of the house. 
 
I have it all glued together now and waiting for some warmer weather to put the tung oil on. 
Now to see it this will post!