Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Update progress

Finally got special quilt made and sent off. But don't you know it... forgot to take a finished picture. This one was taken before all the quilting on the sandwich...
 
Turned out rather nice once it was finished. I also made a baby quilt for a grand nephew who arrived December 1st but still need to get it to him....
 It seems I am not so great at getting finished pictures. Been so gloomy and cold outside that not really wanting to take pictures. 
We did get another batch of snow but it disappeared within 2 days...
 
With a friend, we have made her 4 new patio cushions by using the old ones as patterns. I was so inspired by this that I ordered some fabric for ours. It came today! This is my friend's...
 Hopefully can get pictures of them finished before they go to their home. Our color will be peacock green and as it is a different pattern, it will inspire me to try. While I was waiting for the fabric, I put the two side borders on our quilt and measured for the third border...
 Most of the leaves are sewn on now and once I have finished I will start the cushions. The grapes will be added on by hand so the machine will be free. 
My sister was needing some me time finally, so I volunteered to have my mother stay with us for two weeks. Sis really deserves this time as she has been a great caregiver. It has been so enjoyable to have Mom here and we have watched many of the old time westerns.  
That's all for now...