Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Still plugging away


I can see that this quilt is going to take quite a bit of time. Here it is so far,


It is truly going to be a challenging quilt. Each block has four pieces that are paper pieced. It is so hard to chain any part of these pieces, so I guess I will just sit back and enjoy the ride. The only block that is actually sewed together is the top left corner. Even that process is mind boggling! 




So needless to say, I am working on this for part of the time and then I have switched over to another idea I have had. Recently, I completed Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt called Grand Illusion. You can find this pattern here

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html . Every year at Thanksgiving , she has provided us with a new mystery quilt to make. This year there were a bunch of cut off triangles that I just couldn't throw away. It has taken this long to figure out what to do with them. Voila!



These are becoming placemats. So far I have 4 of them to the quilting stage. Hopefully tomorrow, I can get them quilted and the binding put on and then the binding can happen at night. This is the first four and there is enough to make quite a bit more. 



This is the other color that I have, so going to go stash diving to find a color that will blend nicely. Just haven't a clue which though.



I am still also making yo-yos and adding them to child themed blocks. My first yo-yo rag quilt is still being tested and it is looking good. 


 I forgot take a picture when it came out of the dryer as it was a birthday gift for a grand nephew .





Start of another one. Finally starting to use up the flannel that I have collected. These blankets have not had batting added, just the flannel and yo-yo blocks and let me tell you, the blanket still keeps one warm! 
Anyways, time to motor on! 


Nice talking to you...