Monday, January 12, 2015

Keeping the fabric rolling!



Trying to be better
Last year, my posting to the blog was spotty to say the least. Hubby and I worked quite a bit outside getting the property cleaned up, fixing fences, building a pergola and growing gardens. Yes, I did have some quilts started and finished and I managed to post them but I really didn't take the time to make the posts interesting. My hat is off to all those bloggers who have that creative gene and can add so much. I myself enjoy reading them all (but slapping fingers here), I never commented my support of their ventures. So, this year, my word is FEEDBACK
I have always felt so positive when I received a comment from anyone. A few weeks ago, as I was reading SEWING JUNKIE's blog, she felt that no one was listening and why bother. It took a few comments for her to know that even though there is often no comments made, people are reading what she said and living along side her as she experiences life. 
So, going forward for me means to comment more and blog more. 

This year, I again did http://quiltville.blogspot.com/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html and I finally have the top done. Surprisingly to me, my hubby actually likes the pattern of this one. Not once did I link up to her site which saddens me but now I have it here on my blog for prosperity. 
During tv times, I have been making yo yos, and ended up with a bag full. So what to do with them all? Since I had a bunch of kid patterned material and some flannel, I decided to make a rag quilt with them. Sadly, this is as far as I have gotten, but I am also treating this as a leader and ender project...


Now that I have the Grand Illusion Top finished and packed away until later, I am now starting on a quilt for another sister. We have spent a long time picking fabrics and a pattern and how to incorporate the colors into the pattern. This block is paper pieced.

It is called Irish Plaid though not looking too Irish at the moment. After much fiddling around, I have finally chosen the top block as the pattern configuration. Now to continue making before I run out of fabric! Before you say anything about maybe trying out pattern in scraps, we had already done so, but needed to see if these colors played well together. So on it goes...
Now, off to shower, work in office for awhile, then off to play!
Talk to you soon.....