Friday, October 4, 2013

New Niece Arrived Today!

Beautiful niece arrived today. She is early!! Now I have to get moving on finishing her quilt.. 

I have been hand quilting this the last couple of nights while watching tv. It is so hard at times as my kittens want to help so bad by chasing the thread as it magically disappears and appears through the fabric! Aghhh... This is the first time I am trying to hand quilt and the extra help isn't helping at all. 


Starting to cool here now. 32 degrees this morning but the sun should warm everything soon. I took this picture just to show the fog... 


Also, I have finally have had the opportunity to do some canning.  Just finished canning some green tomato pickles that a neighbor had given us. Should be an interesting add to our diets!


That is it for today. Hopefully I will have a picture of a quilt I am putting together for our guest bedroom soon. And... Maybe a bed to put it on!