Saturday, July 27, 2013

We are moving!

Wow, this has been quite the test. As I had mentioned earlier, we had put our house on the market in March. We received our offer the middle of June, which meant a quick trip to our new area to look for our new home. This trip coincided with our family reunion which lasted a week, so between activities we dealt with all that goes with putting in an offer. As of the 8th of July, our offer was accepted! Hooray!!

Not so fast Anne.... What does that mean for the next month? Ugh... All the things I really must do like packing, cleaning, arranging, signing etc. What it also means is that all the quilting that I so love to do is packed away until the move in mid August. It is a good thing that I packed up my sewing room first because I would have gone in there and hid, hoping the packing fairies would do all my work for me.  As of today, I am happy to announce that by the end of this week, our old house is should be all packed up and all but a few rooms will need to be cleaned. I am a little ahead of schedule but rather that than a mad scramble at the close.  We won't be able to move into our new house until the middle of August, so my cats and I will be living in a motel til then. Soon.....

Talk later