Friday, February 1, 2013

It's February

First day of February and I do have a few things to show.
'In Bloom' is now a quilt top.  Actually it was fun to have such bright colors to work with as the weather outside has been basically foggy or rainy!  This will go on the pile to be finished in the next few months which funny enough has only two quilts on it.  I also got 'Let Sleeping Dogs Lie' sandwiched and bound.  Yeah!!!
I wish I could give you a better photo but again, we have rain and fog....
I have been doing different leader and ender blocks off and on for the last year and decided to use a few of the 4 patches to make these for my husband...
He does all the great cooking in the house and asked for some hand towels. I am still trying to find the perfect fit on these and waiting for feedback from hubby.  He has been working so hard that time in the kitchen has been quite limited.  Darn it all... he is just a great cook.  I just received Quiltmakers March/April magazine and am going to get on the bandwagon and start Bonny Hunter's mystery quilt 'Lazy Sunday', which is going to go through 4 issues this year. 
What am I going to do next?  Well still have to get a special quilt finished for one of my sisters.  I finally picked it up again and after reacquainting myself with my notes, have started to put it back on the design wall.  Pictures soon I hope ...
Anyone going to watch the Superbowl?  I am hoping to get some handwork ready so I can sit and watch game with my honey.  Neither of us watch football but really love the commercials!!
Later....