Friday, January 18, 2013

An Orca Bay finish!

Yes... It is finally quilted, My Orca Bay.  
It took two days to do the free motion quilting on my Singer sewing machine.  I was going to try to do a bit of fancy stitching but just wanted to get this one done.  I had promised my husband this quilt as he was the one that inspired me the most as I was making it and he has been so patient waiting... waiting...

Also, I finished the Easy Street Mystery Quilt top.  Here it is in all its glory.  

It is a washed out picture but with all the fog and cloudy weather, it is really hard to get a good picture. This top will be going on the quilt top pile until I decide whether to put any borders on it before finishing.  

As a pat on the back, I started another quilt... surprise, surprise!!! The pattern is called 'In Bloom' and is featured in Fons and Porter Easy Quilts magazine.


I am further than this now but just didn't get any pictures taken today.  It is promising to be a bright and cheery quilt once finished.  I worked for 4 hours today tracing out petals, leaves and stems.  This pattern needs these for the alternate blocks that will be appliqued.  This is another pattern that will teach and stretch me. 

I signed up for free Quilt Pro Block of the Day  that runs for 365 days.  I have these done so far...
 Anyway... that's all for now... till next time....