Saturday, November 10, 2012

Where did the time go?

Oh my.  I just looked at the last time that I posted. Almost a month ago? Goodness gracious. I did fully plan on blogging about 3 weeks ago but life interrupted. My father-in-law had some serious health issues starting with spine surgery and ending up with quadruple by-pass.  There was some frantic, emotional times in that space of time but he is now mending well.  He is one tough man!
I did manage to get the quilt blocks finished for this quilt and I am going to try something else in the finishing.
I am quilting each block separately and then going to join them using the potholder method.  I heard that the civil war quilt makers sometimes made quilts this way as they had to make so many so fast.  A group of ladies would make the quilted blocks, bind them and then as a group they would sew them all together.  Since I am a solo quilter, I can tell you that this one will take more time that it did them!
Also, I have been doing some mindless block making while waiting for Bonny Hunter's new mystery quilt.  So far I have....
 127- 5"- 9 Patches
 350- 3 1/2" - 4 Patches
30- 3 1/2 - spools for the Bonny Hunter challenge...

And... 54 - 4 1/2" - pinwheels which I don't have a picture of. I even got a few more blocks done for another quilt that is still hanging on the design wall.
I have been using Men's shirt pieces and scraps for the 2 1/2" four patches and hst's and, left over 4 1/2" squares to create this pattern. As I make each section, I have been adding it to the wall so what you see now probably won't been how it will finish.  I must admit that I like how it is working out.  Sort of the way the way that I am feeling at the moment. Almost looks like a dance pattern as I look at the picture.  Remember those?  Ha Ha....
Well, time to do some housework before I can go play again.  I just ordered some scrap bags from Quilt Fabric Closeouts,and am waiting, waiting, waiting... Actually they should get here at the beginning of next week...
Talk to you soon....