Friday, September 28, 2012

Wrap up for September


Ahhh, I finally have a few things finished. First off, Maple Quilt Wall hanging.
This quilt looks so nice in it's place of honor.  Very nice pattern to do though the leaves were not easy to do at all.  I definitely need more practice.

Next, a quilt I have just finished making for my niece. It is a Bonny Hunter design, "Jared takes a wife", and stretched me as her patterns always do.  On a recent visit to her mom's house, I was honored that she still had a previous quilt on her bed.  It was one of my first efforts and didn't even have batting inside! Poor girl... So, Auntie went searching for a pattern and found this one.  Actually, I am a Bonny Hunter fan and follow her blog and watch her when I can on her webcam.  I wish that I could have talked to her before I had finished off the pieces as I had a problem with some of the parts shrinking in size.  Oh well, I have the info for next time.
This next wall hanging is still in the works.... I know that it looks pretty plain at the moment but there are still thinks that need to be appliqued on.
Also in between all these quilts, I have been making scrap 9 patches and 4 patches and have started using some of my men's shirt pieces to make 2 1/2 hsts....

As the pears have been picked and stored and the garden has given up the last of it's booty, I managed to get 4 jars of pear butter made and yesterday managed to get 3 jars of beet pickles and 2 jars of bean pickles canned. 

And lastly, I made this little mini quilt called 'When pigs fly', though I am calling it 'When Psychotic Pigs Fly' as my attempt at machine appliqueing didn't work out so well!  The pattern was designed by Sindy Rodenmayer. So sorry Sindy!!! Oh well.
Okay, time to send off the quilt to my niece and hopefully when I get home, I can get started on quilting another one of my WIP's.  Maybe I will have another quilt to show your soon. Bye for now..