Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Seem to Have Lost....

the month of August.  It started out so well, I swear...  I managed to get this quilt top done to the point of appliqueing the leaves on. 
Then the month went awry. My hubby and I took a trip over the the eastern part of Washington state for a few days.  In that time, we got an offer on our white elephant of a house, my grandsons were diagnosed with juvenile type 1 diabetes, within a week of each other, a sister underwent pancreatic surgery and my mother was missing her family.  Wow... quite the kerfuffle.  So between a quick trip to Canada, dealing with the realtors by email, and husband working, the rest of the month just blew away.  On a side note, my grandson's are dealing with the diagnosis very well, my sister came through her surgery successfully and able to finally eat a meal, and my mother was very happy for having company. 
     So, for the last two afternoons, I have finally been able to sew again.  This quilt above is now to the binding stage. I started these blocks today....
These are so easy to make.  This is only the basic part of the block and it is going to be fun to pick out the borders for each block.  Can you see the spools next to the cat blocks?  I thought that I would try to do Bonny Hunter's Lil Spool challenge.  These are helping me with some of my sewing abilities.  Still working on the stretching . 
My daughter bought these fat quarters for my birthday present.  Isn't she awesome???? !!!! Now to find the pattern that these will work in.  Thanks daughter mine!!!
Also I have started to follow Grandmother's Choice blog by Barbara Brackman and making up the 49 blocks that will be posted every week... Here is the first one,
Well, that is all for now.  Time to pull out the hexies that I work on at night while watching tv.  Ciao!!