Sunday, July 29, 2012

My new finishes

As promised, I am posting some finishes.  These first 4 quilts are going to be gifts to people I met in Austria...

This family was very kind to me on my visit there and what better way to say thank you!
This next picture is a mystery quilt pattern created by Silly Goose Quilts and was very enjoyable to make.  This is the third mystery quilt that I have made and quite enjoy the challenge of making pieces without seeing the end result first....
I had a problem with one part as the pieces were to be made either by paper piecing or by using templates and I just couldn't get the templates to print to the right sizes.  I had just invested in the EQ7 program and created the template there but still didn't get it quite right.  I loved how it came out though. 
On a trip to California, I had picked up some panels and as I still needed to have one more gift for the family in Austria, I pulled it out yesterday and started on it.  It is an advent calendar for Xmas and I managed to get all the pockets on it and have some of the quilting sandwich done.  I hope to get it finished today to that I can get them all in the post on Monday. 
What to do next?  I have so many patterns collected through books, internet, goodwill (yes, some nice patterns for a great price), keepsake quilting etc., that it is almost impossible to choose just one.  Talking of Goodwill, I recently found some more fabric pieces all in a bag for 2.50 and just couldn't pass it up.  I have been trying to be such a good girl and not buy any more fabric for the month of July but I failed... These were so pretty in the bag and was a mystery all in itself.  Opening a bag and discovering treasures. 
 Well that is all for now.  I am going to leave you with a picture of the advent calendar at the second to last stage.  I am further that this but didn't get a picture of where I am now...