Monday, July 16, 2012

Another finish

I just finished the binding on this quilt yesterday. It was made from men's shirts and some fabric that I had in my stash.  It really turned out well. 

In our area, we finally had some sunshine and heat.  All of the garden (that which the slugs didn't eat) are showing signs of new growth.  We even had to water! I know that this sounds a little silly, but we really haven't had much sunshine or heat at all up till now.  Hubby and I have been able to get the lawns mowed, gardens weeded, eaves cleaned out, fence finished, house cleaned and lots of siesta time in between. 
I have started two quilts for a mother and daughter using the very first fabric I won on a giveaway.  They won't completely match but close enough I think.  The fabric is Clarabelle, made by Skipping Stones Studio for Clothworks.




I cut the fat quarters into 2 1/2" strips, sewed a 1" strip to one of the matched pair of strips and then sewed on the the other side.  I then cut out 5" blocks.
 This is what the top looks like now...
 I am thinking this for borders.  The green and then finish with the pink.What do you think?
After finishing with these two quilts, I am going to make a little boy quilt with these blocks...
Hopefully shall have some finish pictures in the next little while. That is all for now. Till next time