Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wish there was more...

I have been quilting every day and yet there is very little to show you.  I have finished piecing this back for the quilt kit I had been given...

and now am quilting the sandwich together..  There are 3 more rows of 6 blocks plus a border around those 42 blocks.  I didn't realize how big this kit was.
On a side note::::
A member of Nimble Thimble Quilt Club has posted a message on quiltvillechat asking for orphan blocks or what have you.  Their little quilt club is made up of elderly members on fixed incomes, not really in shape to run fundraisers (due to their age).  The cost of material has also hit them in their pocket books pretty hard.  These ladies make quilts for people who have lost their homes and possessions to fires. As there have been many fires lately, they are woefully behind. They also make quilts for Project Lineus and one of the hospitals in Columbia, MO as well.  They can't pay for postage or for anything you send but they have made several quilts from donors gifts.  I just happened to have 2 boxes of ufos, blocks, and some fabric as I just finished organized my fabric AGAIN! Love playing with them..... Anyway... leave a comment with me and I will give you their email so that you can contact them.  I am so blessed not to have to worry too much about the price of fabric so love the fact that I can pass this on... 

We had my daughter and 2 grandsons come for Easter and it was great fun to have young ones around for that time. We hit a beach looking for shells and stones....




and came away with pockets full of both.
Poppa showed the boys how to make his most yummiest Mac and Cheese and there was a lot of discussion on the best way to lay the cheese!













And finally, a show of color from our yard.  We have been waiting for these babies to finally open up as the package of bulbs was of the multicolored type.  It was well worth the wait.  It actually warmed up quite nicely this last week and the bees have been busily brushing the fruit blossoms. Maybe, just maybe we might have a nice crop this year.  It is back to rain and cool for a while but SPRING is now here!!!
Till next time...