Thursday, March 29, 2012

We went for a little drive....

What a rainy day here, even for our area.  Both my hubby and I decided we needed a road trip just to get out of the house.  We ended up at Saar's in Port Orchard which is an unique grocery store that is huge. There was so much stuff to browse on the shelves that it easily used up and hour and a half just to do a light skim..... After putting our purchases in the car, driving over to the little coffee stand, and purchasing a little something to tide us over, we thought to ask our server if there were any antique malls in the area. Wow, just in the small space we were in there were 4 or five.  We only had time for 1 so went across the parking lot to the New 2 You antique mall.  Oh my goodness, it was just what the doctor ordered for this rainy day.  After browsing for 2 hours (2 HOURS!), I had come out with some fabric panels and fabric to add to my stash.  All brand new and raring to go!



 I got all this 18 dollars! Also picked up a book on cd "Sail" by James Patterson, so now have something to listen to as I sew with my new fabrics.  It is so hard to find this books on cd though there were many books on tape available.  Maybe I will need to find a cassette player again. 
I also have a few other things to show....




This quilt kit was won on a giveaway from Janet at A Hug Delights has been made into a quilt top now.  I am just looking for the backing material now and hopefully soon I can get it quilted.
These pictures below are of another quilt that I made and have finished...

These squares were something that sat in the stash for awhile so they needed to become a hug for someone.  This will have a home as soon as I get the quilt at the top finished as they will be going to the same family. 
Yesterday I found a pattern for a table runner called "Simply Hearts" on line from Cottage Quilt Designs.  It is free for personal use.  It is very simple to make for a beginner such as I...


I have quilted and bound this already but instead of a table runner, it has become an arm cover on the couch.  Our kittens love quilts so much that I thought that this might be a way to cover both ideas... Tee Hee...
 I picked up these kit blocks from Goodwill last summer and just recently found them again.  Now to decide what to do with them.  The pin cushion was an itch to create something fun and fast so walla! I have been making a bunch of leaders and enders with 2" squares but still haven't enough to make a quilt with but the temptation to make something quickly just couldn't stop me from using 2 of them together. 
Well, that is all for now... Talk to you soon...