Monday, December 5, 2011

Orca Mystery

Finally have some time in which to show my colors for this mystery quilt.  I am trying to go for an autumn look as I have a lot of these colors out at the moment.  I only have 50 more of the HST's do finish and I will be caught up.  When I first started making these pieces they looked so small! After creating the amount needed, they really started looking larger.. Optical illusion I think. It is fun to do but I have noticed that I really didn't have enough cut strings and strips in my scrap boxes.  I thought that they were exploding all over the place but when I went through and organized by color, it was sad... so sad... I guess that is what you get when one only has been quilting for a few years.

I haven't made much progress on the leaf quilt either.  I might get lucky to work on this in the next week or so...
 I took this picture with my i-Pad but I think I will stick with my camera for anymore posting.  The colors really don't show up well.  I thought that I would be able to post from the i-Pad but still working on learning about that process.
There is a quilt that I would like to finish by hand quilting over the holidays.  I have to create a pieced back first but thought that it could be something to do in the evenings while gabbing with family.  Do you remember this one?
I am thinking that I would use the leftover fabric from making the floating squares for the backing.  This picture doesn't show the next border set so that will be a surprise when I post the finished quilt.

Now, everyone knows that Bonny Hunter loves to look for quilt patterns all around her everywhere that she travels.  On my recent trip to California, I spied this pattern on the Alaskan plane and immediately thought of her.  Excuse the blurriness but I sprung the idea of the picture on my hubby as we were departing....
So cool!
I also spied this in a parking lot on Black Friday (yes, I tried it for the first time but at an sane hour) and just had to take the pic.


  I love the little motor...Anyway, long post but needed to show that I am still in the sewing room but really don't have much to show for it....