Thursday, November 3, 2011

I can't believe it has been almost a month!

I know that life can get busy, but I actually have one of the luckiest lifestyles.  I am basically retired (except for a little business bookwork) and I can play in the quilting room for hours and hours every day.  I can hear those envious sighs right from here. 
So now comes the time to do a little show and tell...

This is now finished and ready for Xmas.  As I said before, it really stretched me in both pattern and color. 





The next quilt that I finished is called Glow Happy.  It had been on the design wall for two weeks before the fabric I ordered to finish it arrived.  This is another Christmas gift..


I had to do something little in between all these bigger quilts.  I picked out a Christmas panel and quickly quilted it out for another gift...


This quilt is another one that I have been working on.  It is now waiting on the decision of backing and binding.  It is definitely a queen size quilt.  I didn't get a more up to date picture of this one.  There is another border of floating diamonds and black trim.  I managed to procure some more of the green border material from yoursewcreative on ebay.  If you need fabric and are unable to find it, you really should try her page.  She is fast and the fabric is exactly what you order. 
 


Is there more??? You betcha... I have gotten my brother's Christmas quilt to the binding stage, though, when I went to find  a picture of my progress so far, I realized that there isn't one.  Agghh... I really must remember to get that camera out.

On another note:...
I was doing my usual blog reading on my google reader and I stopped by The Civil war quilter blog. She had had a give away on her site and the winner hadn't gotten back in touch with her.  She offered it to the first one to comment and voila... that was going to be me!... You should really check out her blog.  The history of blocks that she shows makes for interesting reading.  Anyway... as soon as I receive this present, I will show and tell....

Also, when I was going through my pictures, I found some that were taken at the Halifax Museum in Canada.  We had gone to the Maritimes for 3 weeks on holiday.  These pictures are of patterns done by the local natives in years gone by..


I apologize for the quality of the pictures but they were taken in a darkened room through plated glass.  Love the patterns.
That's all for now...
Anne