Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas quilts finished now

Hello everyone!
Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my progress and previous quilts that I have made.  I have so much fun and enjoyment wrapped in each and every one and practice, practice, practice is making me better.
I finally finished my brother's quilt. I had used Bonny Hunter's pattern for antique tiles which you can find in Quiltmaker,s magazine.  I really like using up extra pieces of fabric on an on-going basis.  She has a mystery quilt that is going to start on Nov 18th on her website Quiltville.com . There is a link on the  left column near the bottom.  She has an amazing ability to teach and be fun at the same time. Maybe one of these days I might even get to one of her classes.  I love reading her blog!

To fill in some time while I waited for fabric to arrive, I dove into my stash and found some Christmas fabric that I had picked up here and there. I whipped up 4 place mats for the table;
 I really like how they turned out and I even have one extra to finish. 

My husband requested that I make an autumn leaf quilt for us.  I had made 3 of them already for others and  we both like the pattern very much. This is the fabric that I was waiting for!




This quilt is foundation pieced and I really love my Accuquilt GO machine for all the HST that needs to be made. 




Third Weekend in October (designed by Ruth Powers) is the name of the pattern and you can find it at Keepsake Quilting.com if you are interested. It is suppose to finish at 84"x104" but out of the 3 I have made so far, I have not hit that mark! Maybe this time....
I also made 2 doll quilts but can't show those until after Christmas.

Oh and lucky me... I received an email from Diane at Quiltmaker and I won a copy of Volume 4 100 Quilt blocks after participating in the blog hop that they were hosting!!! I am having a hard time waiting for it to show up.  Thanks you again Quiltmaker !!!  I have been very lucky this month, first a tote full of goodies from The Civil War Quilter and now from Quiltmaker.  (knocking on wood)

Well that's all for now,
From our house to yours...