Saturday, September 24, 2011

It sure feels good to actually make progress on some of the quilts that I've started.


This quilt finally has gone from this
 to this!!


I also have been making these blocks with left over pieces of scraps.

  The colors and balance really worked well with the first quilt, so the most natural thing to do was to marry them both!
 Now if the recipient wishes for warm colors, she can flip to to dark colored side or if in the mood for light and flighty, then to the light. Sounding a little Star-Wars-y.....

After doing a little surfing on the web yesterday, I suddenly had the urge to try a tabletop cover in Christmas colors. Ta DA!!! Here it is>>>>>
You probably notice the big whitish square in the middle??? Well it is still up in the air whether I will applique some sort of Christmas thing there or leave it empty just waiting for that poinsettia plant that my daughter always lovingly sends me every year.  I love it...

Now the stretch me WIP (work in progress),

This is a paper pieced pattern that is shown in Quiltmaker magazine called Primrose Patch.  I have only done a little paper piecing so am learning and fine tuning each square as I go along.  I finally am getting the centers close to matching... Ha Ha ... Only have 3 more flowers to make and then I can start putting them together.  The sashing and cornerstones still have to be cut out but thought that I'd wait until all the flowers were done.  I still haven't managed to get the constant 1/4" seam.  If you thought  the white in the picture was the sashing... I'm not that bad...!! That is just the design wall in behind.  I really like being able to put blocks in place to help to visualize and to play with designs.
Well all for now,
Till next time
From my house to yours