Tuesday, September 13, 2011

For a change of pace...

I have been back in the sewing room again.  It has been one of those summers where it can be hit or miss but the last few weeks, I have managed to get some work done everyday.  

I started designing a baby quilt for a new grand niece.  Her family are really into hunting and fishing and a request went out for anything pink camo.  As I really didn't have anything of that value in the fabric bundles, I decided to use the bear claw pattern as the background blocks,
I then put the blocks together
 Next came the interior border...
As you can see, I was throwing around the idea of putting maple leafs around the inner border. I figured that it would be quite colorful and would encourage little one to crawl..
And here is finished quilt.  Not too bad as I am not a designer. I hope she will like it...

 I have also been making a few Bonny Hunter scrap blocks patterns that were featured in Quiltmaker magazine. 

Also a block pattern by Bev Getschell called Pick Up Sticks,
 You should really look up a pattern block done by Anita Grossman Soloman called Arrowhead.  You can find it on the Quiltmaker site.  Her instructions make it really simple and the block is quite classy...
 There is more but this post is big as it is...