Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Time to play

After a month away for vacation and work travel with my honey, I finally have started on a few more quilts.  We traveled to the Maritime provinces of Canada and really enjoyed all the water! Ocean, lakes, streams etc.  We really tried to find the elusive moose to show my husband but it was for naught.


My first object I worked on was a quilt for a new addition on My Husbands side.

I know that this baby quilt is rather on the small side, but I am hoping that it will be able to do double duty as a doll blanket as she gets older.
I also started a pattern called Celebration sampler that I collected while participating in a fab shop hop.  It is really interesting going to all these new sites as some of them I wouldn't find them otherwise.  There are always prizes and contests on some of the sites that you can enter every month (which I try to do).  Here is the start,
These are actually the outside blocks and the center has its own pattern.

I have also been inspired to try a pattern called Jasmine Breeze.  It was designed by Marianne Elizabeth and the pattern can be found in the Fons and Porter May/June 2011 magazine.  At the moment, the quilt looks a little lackluster but the setting triangles and following borders promise to make it pop.  I will post pictures when I get it done.  This quilt is for friends of ours.


Our friends like more neutral colors so I am attempting to please!!
Here is a picture of the spring time sampler finally finished also...


Well that's all for now!