Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Grey Day

Well its another grey outside. I really wish that it would clear up longer than a few hours. We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday which went a long way to charge up the batteries!! I got the windows washed ( in the inside as it is still cold outside) and a few of those little projects finished.

 I managed to get the next steps of the mystery quilt finished in a very short period of time.  Here is a picture of what I have finished already.

I also have been trying to use up some of the loose cut pieces that I have in the drawers,
Not too sure where I am going with this but with the design wall that my Mom and I made, it is nice to be able to put up the pieces and design as I go.  I also am sewing a bunch of strips together that have been sitting in my scrap container for something in the future.  Maybe I will incorporate both styles into one....
I also got a few more of the sailboat blocks finished.
The only thing that I didn't get finished was the quilt for my sister and her husband. I had to rip out some of the quilting as I ended up with some ugly folds in the backing fabric.  The darn thing is so heavy that I just didn't get it laying flat enough.  Oh well.. it is ready to finish now... must get to it..
That's all for now.. must get the housework finished so I can go play again!!!