Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Filling in time

I got my pieces cut out for the mystery quilt I signed up for, pinned the queen size quilt for my sister so what to do???
I decided to work on the lattice quilt that I had started earlier. Here is what it looks like so far.
As you can see I am trying appliqueing. Those blocks on the side are going to be butterflies once I get them finished. I am going to put the same dark green as the binding so think that it will match great. Here is another picture of the quilt on the floor.  The butterflies must stand out as my cats keep sniffing them!
I also found a pattern for a baby quilt on about.com in the baby quilting page. I think that it will look pretty good. Easy pattern to follow....
I will put a frame around each of these blocks so as to make them stand out more...